So sorry that this episode was delayed! I had some "mommy" business to take care of :0) When I attempted to record late last Thursday night, I spoke for almost 45 minutes only to look down and see that my microphone was off!! It was all just too much to bear, so I decided to delay the recording. Thanks for being understanding!
On The Needles
Sleeping Baby's Castle Blanket by Sally Rainey
Seeded Rib Sock by Lisa Beamer of Fibernymph Dyeworks and the 90% Knitting podcast
- My first test knit!!
- I used the "Twisted German Cast On"
Off The Needles
- Knitting Grrrs....I did SSKs instead SKPs in the applied lace border :0(
- 100% Acrylic
- I would recommend this yarn for children's knits, charity knitting, gifts for those allergic to natural fibers, and those who would not properly care for knits made from wool.
- Read what other knitters had to say here.
Finished spinning up my Shetland fiber from Spin Monkeys.
Next up on the wheel : Some Masham batts from The Sheep's Company.
Masham Lemon Meringue Batts
photo from The Sheep's Company etsy shop
I finished reading Maggie Casey's Start Spinning , now I'm reading Judith MacKenzie's The Intentional Spinner
I have been trying out a short forward draw instead of moving my fiber hand back to draft.
- Downton Abbey Swap with Maria and Sharon
- Victorian Rose by Grace McEwen
- Rag Doll by Debbie Bliss
- Florentina the Prima Ballerina Monster by Allison Cleaver
Knitting For Good
- Marian (Marian1) pm'd me on ravelry to let me know about the YAI Project Assist Knit-A-Thon to be held on May 19th at The Village Knitter in Babylon, NY. You can make a donation to sponsor a knitter here. Please support Rick's Team (Marian's husband who started this event!)
More information about Brenda Dayne's "A Memorable Yarn" can be found here.
My contribution: my first handspun!
So many memories.....
Can't wait to start sewing!
There's a thread to discuss your sewing endeavors here.
LoriAnn70 suggested a free pattern - a Bevy of Bags and created a fantastic photo tutorial for all of us!! Thanks!!
Mamaholmes wondered if anyone would be interested in a beginner's Sew-Along! I love the idea- who else is in??
Thank you to HappyCrafter207 (Lori) for giving KB a shout out on her podcast HappyCrafter207.
Thank you to everyone who left iTunes reviews.
Thanks to Andy Mullen for "Brooklyn Rain" and for "Sun Goes Up, Sun Goes Down"