Thursday, December 6, 2012

Episode 24: Variety Is The Spice of Life!


Check out this episode!

Introduce yourself!!


On The Needles, Hooks, and Loom

Iced by Carol Feller

Hitchin' A Ride by Sharon Creek

Rustic Noro Scarf, personal pattern

Weaving terms discussed:
  • warp
  • weft
  • rigid heddle
  • dent
  • balance weave
  • selvages

Off The Needles

Vanilla Latte Socks

In the last episode I mentioned how knitting gremlins made my sock cast on edge too tight and the leg too short.
pgknittingnurse contacted me on ravelry and made the most clever suggestion: unpick the cast on edge, knit up to lengthen the leg, and bind off using Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.
Being impatient, I cut off the 2x2 rib cuff of the sock, picked up the leg stitches, knitted up, and BO with JSSBO!!

Cutting your knitting is exhilarating!!
 
Tada!!
 
 
Spinning
 
These are the steps I used in order to experiment with Felicia Lo's technique of blending color by spinning from the fold:
 
  1. I broke the fiber into chunks at the areas where there were color changes
  2. I sorted these chunks into 7 groups based on their colors
  3. I am spinning these groups from the fold using a longdraw method



Review and Giveaway!!

The little princess is a special co host this week reviewing Annie and The Swiss Cheese Scarf by Alana Dakos of the Never Not Knitting podcast and pattern line.
 Paper dolls!

 Sharing my fiber love with my daughter

 Stickers!

A Puzzle!
 
 
To quote the little princess, "I love it!!" If you would like to be entered to win a copy of the Deluxe Gift Edition enter here by December 31, 2012
 
 
Knitting For Good
 
KB is hosting a CAL/KAL for Square for Comfort until December 31, 2012
 
More information here and here.
 
 
Music: Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song #3
 
Happy Hanukkah to all of my listeners celebrating!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment